Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One of the greatest rags to riches story and why I love Amanda Holden.

For me, this is probably one of the greatest rags to riches stories I have ever witnessed.

A simple woman, from a collection of villages, stuns the judges and audience with a memorable performance that propels her instantly into a world wide phenomenon.

By now, most people have heard or they have seen Susan Boyle perform.

Yesterday, while surfing I came across this video of Susan. It was her first appearance on Britain's Got Talent.

I remember seeing this or a similar video long ago, but as I watched it again, it was like seeing it for the first time. It was emotional, uplifting and inspiring.

It's simply amazing to watch how a cynical audience, expecting nothing from this frumpy looking woman; with three judges that are almost assured that they will be hitting their "X" buttons, transforms within seconds of her opening her mouth to an auditorium of people filled with adulation.

It was as instantaneous and profound as flipping a bright light on in a dark room.

I am also particularly impressed with Amanda Holden.

I simply love her sensitivity and the depth of her emotional response to this performance. You can see she was purely enchanted by this performance by her facial expressions. She had that same look of wonder that a child gets when they are watching fireworks or a new Disney movie for the first time.

I just love her emotional sincerity. Amanda's comments at the end of the performance gives us a window into this lovely woman's gentle spirit filled with humility, grace and dignity.

Susan Boyle's first performance on Britan's Got Talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment